Richmond Greeks 2067 Season Preview

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: TheGobOne, Cnasty, Ry, nick

wdoupis
Reactions:

Richmond Greeks 2067 Season Preview

Post by wdoupis »

Its that time of year fellas. Get those eye rolls out of the way and then read the rest of the preview. It was another championship season for the Greeks but one that was even tougher to win. Richmond is still abuzz about our game 7 comeback over Boston. This team is much of the same but with a few key losses and not really much in major additions. The payroll is catching up to us and the farm has some pieces but nobody who can help now. Here are your 2067 Richmond Greeks

The Staff

As great as some of our bats are this is where we really separate ourselves. With 3 true aces and a team that has played top 3 defense for the last 3 years I do not see these guys slowing down just yet.

1. Juan Lugo: Coming off back to back all-star seasons this young star is just getting started. As is always the case with Lugo its about limiting the HRs

2. Lou Lewis: Can pretty much copy and paste what I said about Lugo here. Coming off another dominant year in which he struck out 12.4/9 we expect much of the same.

3. Robert Anderson: In his first full season with the Greeks who threw together one of the best individual seasons we have had in the NDL. He brought home the Cy Young while putting up an era of 1.71 and a whip of .96. He is different from our other 2 guys as a high movement guy and not quite the strikeout stuff but still struck out 176 in 195 innings while walking just 36.

4. Eduardo Hernandez: He has been a lights out force in the Greeks pen for 4 seasons and we have decided to let him try being a SP. He is just a two pitch guy but a great knuckle curve and sinker and we think he can be above average as a starter. Our financial restrictions help give us the desire to try.

5. Jose Rojas: Solid veteran who I am surprised did not generate more interest in free agency and we are glad we could get back. I doubt he matches that .257 babip of last year but an era in the high 3s or low 4s is all we want from our 5th SP.

6. Eduardo Rodriguez: Nothing special here but he has been a great innings eater for us since coming over from NE and that was when we sucked and held true during the contending years.

The Pen

This is another big strength of the Greeks although Bob Long showed to be human last year and was quite terrible in the playoffs. Hoping it was just a blip and he returns to where he has been. Also takes a hit with Hernandez going to the starting rotation but should still be really good

Closer- Bob Long: Has been the premier closer for the last 4 seasons or so but really struggled the last half of the season and in to the playoffs. Walks were most of the issue and nothing in the ratings shows that should be the case so hoping he returns to form.

SU- Michael Hogan: Was dominant in his role last year getting the ball to the 9th and he will take over Hernandez's job as the 8th inning guy and get the ball to Long.

MR- Pedro Sanchez: He was expensive but more than lived up to it. Was the dominant strikeout guy that we hoped we signed and he becomes even more important this year.

The Lineup

This is still one of the best lineups in the league, if not the best but another year of losing key pieces is going to take its toll. Gunnar Riggall has been a great HR bat from the left side of the plate and Norberto Silva is playing his final season as a Greek now.

RF Norberto Silva: Coming off yet another dominant season as the premier lead of guy in the league. We are hoping he can give us one more great season before he wraps up his Greeks career.... for now. Another year hitting .323 and getting on base at a .415 clip will make me happy.

SS Gary Weber: One of the unsung superstars in Richmond who threw together another great season. Plays above average D at SS and hit .318/.375/.489 with 26 HRs... Do it again Gary

3B Warner Woods: Had a quiet defense to his MVP with Lugo and Cuevas running way ahead but he still had quite a season considering he missed 2 months. .339/.390/.622 with 33 HRs in just 116 games.

2B Naohiro Nonaka: Another great season by Mr. Nonaka hitting .307/.372/.532 and hit 37 HRs. Not quite the 2065 season but this is more in line with what he expect and we will take it.

CF Walt Johnson: Coming off his WELL DESERVED 4th straight gold glove he also had his best season at the plate winning the AL batting title at .342 and hitting 19 HRs. Finished 3rd in MVP voting and put up 8.8 war

DH Angelo Ortiz: Kind of a throw in when I traded with Steel City for Tony Sanchez but he looks like he can be a solid DH. His ratings are solid and we think he can be average and get us near 30 HRs

1B Jose Sanchez: Jose had a nice season in his first with Richmond and this one will be his last. Prized prospect Sakuro Sakamoto is getting close and is the 1B of the future in Richmond. Jose hit .289 and got on base at a .403 clip while hitting 29 HRs. We hope for something close to that again to help make up for the loss of Riggall.

LF Eugene Greenwood: A rule 5 pickup we thought was solid and he turned out to be just that. Hit around .270 and gave us 21 HRs while being average defensively. Thats even more than we hoped for and we will take something similar.

C Carlos Rivera: Was having an amazing first season that got derailed by a major injury that he is still recovering from. Still need to see if he can come back the same but if he gives us anything close to the .300 average and 6 war (was on pace for) season then we will be soooo happy.

Season Outlook

The Greeks should still come in as the best team in the league but the margin continues to shrink. We lost some key guys and do not have money to add talent like we did when this all started. The AL West seems to have a couple teams improving in Cookeville and Montreal but we still expect to win the division by a comfortable number. The goal is to win it all and I think we will be the favorite but I have a feeling we will be crowning a new champion this year.

I'll go with 114-48 and winning the West while losing in the AL playoffs.

Good luck to everyone and lets have a great 2067!!!!!!!!
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Re: Richmond Greeks 2067 Season Preview

Post by Wasted Memory »

:roll: oh, oh wait. I didn't read it all the way through.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

This team looks pretty good. I think you have a shot at winning the division. Good luck
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Your tiptoeing around your dominance is more annoying then your dominance.

Own it.

Easily the best team in the league and pencil in another title as we just sit and wait for that budget to hit $300million and we hope someone else catches up in 10 seasons.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I think the budget hit its peak. Once Qaz got his up to 208 but 204 is the highest I've seen besides that one season from Steel City

and I am only 30% tiptoeing and 70% I truly believe!!!!!!
plasma1896
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by plasma1896 »

And we were within one out of taking a title from you a few seasons ago. fuck jeff clark
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

wdoupis wrote:I think the budget hit its peak. Once Qaz got his up to 208 but 204 is the highest I've seen besides that one season from Steel City

and I am only 30% tiptoeing and 70% I truly believe!!!!!!
There ya go, a little better!!
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

After saying you would get beat the last 2 years. I say you win it all. Let’s see if that works :D

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”