Alabama Season Preview

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: TheGobOne, Cnasty, Ry, nick

Ry
Reactions:

Alabama Season Preview

Post by Ry »

2066 Team Preview- This years team is a mix of veterans, young players and even younger rookies. Last season Alabama was up and down throughout the season and ended up with 87 wins. The upcoming season should be closer to 92-94 wins. Here is how they will get there.

The lineup includes 6 returning starters and 3 new faces. From the top of the lineup on down:

SS Jose Medina- very good fielder and is able to get himself on base. Last year was his second highest on base percentage of his career. The bears are counting on him doing more of the same.
2b-Woody Walker- he was acquired early in the 2065 season and provided a consistent bat and glove all season long. This year he hopes to provide better power numbers.
DH Chris Clement- received the call up early in the season and didn't disappoint. Clement provided power numbers with .800 OBP but this year, like Walker, the power numbers should improve some.
1b-Sergio Bravo- He comes with big ratings-will he measure up. If so, Bravo provides a bat that could produce fifty home runs.
3b Emilio Robles- Last season he fell off pace from his rookie season. This season he should even out a bit and be a more consistent productive bat in the lineup.
LF-Marcos Gallegos(for now) Gallegos impressed coaches while he was in triple a last season. He is a left handed bat with ability to hit plenty of doubles and some home runs. He can also field well and can throw a runner out at the plate. LF-Ash Davis is the competition for this position.
C-Yoshihisa Kamimura had a career season with a .259/.332/.443 slash line. He improved his on base percentage drastically last season. If he can keep it up he can provide power from the bottom of the lineup.
CF-Roberto Herrera will be given the chance to win the center field position. As a fielder he is ready for the big leagues but his ability to hit this season will determine if splits time with CF Steve Chandler or is sent down to work on his hitting.
RF-Roy Riley was acquired from Nashville last season. He is a very good fielder and speedy base runner. He popped fifteen home runs last season this year he could reach twenty or completely flop.

The Alabama offense is a work in progress. Most of the parts should stay but the outfield could fluctuate throughout the season.

Pitching is usually the strength of an Alabama team and this year should be more of the same. Last year's staff ranked top five throughout the season. With a years experience and a big addition to the staff the starters are looking to carry the team to a big year.

1. Luis Flores- One of the more polarizing players in the NDL. He pitched very well last season and seemed to prove many doubters wrong. But, this is the big leagues. Flores needs to put together another big year to prove he belongs among the NDL's best.
2. Po-Zhang- acquired in the off season from Bowie. Zhang compiled a 3.12 ERA last season and carried a 4.7 WAR. He provides a second arm that can go out and shut down a lineup.
3. Leonardo Morales- He had his best season so far as an NDLer so he needs to show he can do it again.
4. Juan Pena- He has improved all statistical categories in each of his four seasons since he signed a big contract with Alabama but last season was cut short due to a torn tendon in the finger. If Pena continues his progress he will be a very difficult pitcher for batters to contend with.
5. Pablo Reyes earned a start in the post season by having a hot September. Reyes has good enough stuff to be a solid number five but he will need to improve his stuff to maintain his starting position.

The bullpen is pretty solid and I think it will be a top five bullpen.

Overall the pitching and bullpen is relatively set for the upcoming number of years. The everyday lineup will still see some transition especially in the corner outfield positions. Alabama should have a spot in the playoffs but it's going to be a tight race for the division title.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Re: Alabama Season Preview

Post by wdoupis »

Good looking team in Bama and still some pieces on the farm. Good to have Ry back and contending again
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Po Zhang is a great name
Hammerin' Hank
Reactions:

Post by Hammerin' Hank »

Good looking team for sure. The NL Central is probably the toughest division in all of NDL, gonna be a real dog fight!
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Hammerin' Hank wrote:Good looking team for sure. The NL Central is probably the toughest division in all of NDL, gonna be a real dog fight!
Stick with being a GM, the comedic work is not working for you
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Ya had 2 teams above .500 last year, 2 teams just below and a 50 win team. Not tough to win in that division. If you want a tough division come to the AL Central where a only 1 was below .500 (by 4 games).

Or any other AL division where you have to face the best offenses in the league
ImageImageImage
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

GeorgesGoons wrote:Ya had 2 teams above .500 last year, 2 teams just below and a 50 win team. Not tough to win in that division. If you want a tough division come to the AL Central where a only 1 was below .500 (by 4 games).

Hmmm 2 of the last 3 NL champs come from the NL central. Beef still 2 years away ? Always 2 years away. Awww maybe next year. Would of should of could of. If I had pitching i would... Go do something about it before its rebuild time again.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Graywolf357 wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:Ya had 2 teams above .500 last year, 2 teams just below and a 50 win team. Not tough to win in that division. If you want a tough division come to the AL Central where a only 1 was below .500 (by 4 games).

Hmmm 2 of the last 3 NL champs come from the NL central. Beef still 2 years away ? Always 2 years away. Awww maybe next year. Would of should of could of. If I had pitching i would... Go do something about it before its rebuild time again.
With your thought process then the AL West should be the toughest since the last two champs have come from there. That doesn't make them the toughest division.

Has nothing to do with 1 team. He said the toughest division in baseball. When you have 2 teams above .500 and the rest below, that doesn't equate to being the toughest division in baseball.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Hey Billy, I'd like to make the playoffs. Can you put me in the NL Central?
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Omaha would have won the NL Central the last two seasons
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

uh, this thread isn't about the shitbag team that is Omaha. Maybe last two years. This year we would crush them.

I really hope the beef are on my schedule.
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

GeorgesGoons wrote:Hey Billy, I'd like to make the playoffs. Can you put me in the NL Central?
Please put him over here.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

AL is all about that Salt Life... Lineup and Staff may lack multiple superstars but both are pretty deep and the Bears should probably open as the bookmakers favorite to take the division
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Graywolf357 wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:Hey Billy, I'd like to make the playoffs. Can you put me in the NL Central?
Please put him over here.
2 of them want me over there. Can we do it? Just move Cincy to the AL Central. I won't need 2 years over there
ImageImageImage
Hammerin' Hank
Reactions:

Post by Hammerin' Hank »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
Hammerin' Hank wrote:Good looking team for sure. The NL Central is probably the toughest division in all of NDL, gonna be a real dog fight!
Stick with being a GM, the comedic work is not working for you
You stick with being troll bait, because you bit on that comment, hook, line and sinker.

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Ry wrote: I really hope the beef are on my schedule.
8-)

You rethinking that yet?
ImageImageImage
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
8-)

You rethinking that yet?
congrats on your season defining victory.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Ry wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:
8-)

You rethinking that yet?
congrats on your season defining victory.
Not season defining, just be careful what ya wish for.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”