2065 Beef Outlook

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: TheGobOne, Cnasty, Ry, nick

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

2065 Beef Outlook

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Looks like we are done trying to get anyone else to join the club for the year.

Starting Pitching:
Jesus Gueramo - 19 games last season and will need to be sub 4.00 ERA to get there again this year.
Ramiro Nieto - LF/SP Nieto surprised me last year getting full time starts as a SP. 10-10 with a 3.73 ERA and a 4.8 WAR as a pitcher
Paul Perkins
David Wood
Ashton Carrigan

Bullpen:
Cecil McDonald - 31 Saves
Alfredo Torres
Harry O'Slattery
Pepe Moran
Matt Glenn
Carlos Gomez
Jimmy Salcido

The pitching is what will kill any hopes of doing great things this year. We may be in contention for a playoff spot but it will soon fade once August/September hits.

Lineup:

2B Alfonso Hernandez - Singed to be the Captain of this team and he did not disappoint last season with a 4.0 WAR and 119 OPS+

C Joe Hudson - Could Joe be the next best catcher in the game? If last year was any indication then yes, he is the best catcher in the game today. 157 OPS+ and 6.4 WAR

SS Bryan Yang - On a short list of best players in the game. Yang fields well +5.5 ZR and is exceptional at the plate 7.9 WAR and 150 OPS+

RF Anastasio Garcia - Expect another 40+ HR year if he stays healthy

CF Claudio Marquis - Possible breakout year candidate. Once he fully develops he can easily put up a slash of .300/.370/.500. Led the league in triples while hitting 25 doubles and 14 HR's

3B Gordon Pantoja - Not great with the glove but with that being his only weakness we will take it.

DH Tim Johns - Doubles machine. In the last 5 years he has finished in the top 3 four times.

1B Lowell Gibbs - Really expected better numbers from Gibbs last season. Maybe he wasn't ready, maybe he will be a bust. We will see this year.

LF Ramiro Nieto - Our dual threat. Starts every 5 games as a pitcher and plays LF. Plays LF well and can burn on the base paths.

2064 - 87-75
2065 prediction - 85-77

This team will go as far as the hitting will take them. We are still a couple of years away from truly competing. With a horrible FA class this year we had to just throw some pitching together. We have some nice prospects coming up and should start to see the pitching prospects arrive in the big leagues in 2067-68. With our young corp signed long term we are just waiting till we can get our guys up. We also have a nice LF'er waiting to take the league by storm in 1 or 2 years. If LF Edward Stevens plays well this year and his ratings start to mature a little bit, he could be in the starting lineup next season.
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Re: 2065 Beef Outlook

Post by wdoupis »

Pitching looks a tad better but still pretty rough. I will go with your prediction and say mid 80s wins again. Could be enough for a playoff spot depending on where that 6th WC spot falls.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Think you patched some holes w smart short term acquisitions but those band aids don’t generally hold up over entirety of a season pitching wise

I’ll go with even .500 record prediction
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Exciting 2-5 should be able to offset the pitching deficiencies and I think you're pretty spot on with the prediction
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I'd say my prediction was pretty spot on
ImageImageImage
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

nice season... add a couple more pieces next year and you got some hope in Beefland
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

DRiccio21 wrote:nice season... add a couple more pieces next year and you got some hope in Beefland
I just need some damn pitching!
ImageImageImage

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”