Richmond Greeks 2064 Season Preview

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: TheGobOne, Cnasty, Ry, nick

wdoupis
Reactions:

Richmond Greeks 2064 Season Preview

Post by wdoupis »

Oh man, this season is going to be fun. After a surprise playoff appearance last year that was a year ahead of schedule expectations are back to the old Greek days and that is winning it all. The young guys got a taste of the playoffs last year and even won a series and with a much improved pitching staff this team is as good as any on paper. Unfortunately that can be said about a lot of Greeks teams and we have 1 ring to show for it. Either way, it is fun to be in the conversation again. On to the team....

Rotation

1. Juan Lugo: Came in to the league and set the god damn thing on fire mid year last season. I can't see any way he matches 13-1 with a 1.81 era, 0.86 whip, and .6 HR/9. That last number is the reason he probably can't match it as he should be a little more HR prone but he is still a front line guy who will be a premier pitcher in the NDL for the next decade.

2. Roberto Rodriguez: Getting on a contender with a top notch defense should get R2 back to his 2061 days as the defense Boston gave him did not give him a shot to go next level. Hoping he can reach that potential and be a damn good #2.

3. Hisaki Kikuchi: After a couple of sub par years he got things back on track with Sheltown last year with an era in the low 3s. He has never quite lived up to what we thought he would be 10 seasons ago but with a weak crop of FA pitchers he is a damn good #3 and we like guys with control.

4. Gabe Murphy: Nothing special but a LH who keeps the ball on the ground. He pretty much produces the same mid 3 era each season and that is all we need from our #4 man.

5. Michael Martin: Hard throwing RH who also keeps the ball on the ground and is as good of a #5 as you can get. We expect another season with a mid 3 era with this defense and we should score plenty of runs to help him.

The Pen

CL Bob Long: One of the best closers in the game coming off a dominant second season. 36 saves, 2.12 era and a .88 whip. I'll take another one please

SU Eduardo Hernandez: My scout sees lights out stuff and so does my new one. He started off really shaky but then got it together to have a sold rookie season. We expect more this year. Not quite Bob Long numbers but I expect it to be close

The Lineup

RF Noberto Silva: Pete is finally right, he is now the best leadoff hitter in the game. He just needed to come to Richmond. Coming off his best season yet at .341/.438/.515 with 17 HRs and 7.2 war. In his prime and we expect a repeat.

CF Walt Johnson: The best defensive CF in the game who had damn good offensive season as well. Hitting .312 and on base .353 with the 16 HRs is more than I expected and a bunch of seasons like that will be just great.

3B Warner Woods: One of the best hitters in the NDL who took a big step in year 2 and we expect another level in year 3. .311/.378/.548 with 39 HRs. We think this year he can get to 40+ HRs.

1B Ignacio Ruiz: Ruiz has taken some ratings hits and is not very good at 1B but for now he is going to play 1B and only hit of RHP where he is still very good. Likely his final season in Richmond so we'd like to make it a special one.

2B Naohiro Nonaka: With all the young studs I have he may be my favorite one and its 95% his name. Just fun to say. He also has an awesome bat that should go to another level this season. 19 HRs last season in just 97 games. I am expecting a 40 HR campaign this season.

SS Gary Weber: Another elite young player who can hold his own in the field and swing the bat. Missed some time in his R season but still had a very good one. We think he is a .310 and 20-25 HR kinda fella.

DH David Bernard: A very good professional hitter who is built as a .320 hitting 15 HR guy and this year he finally gets the full time role he deserves now that my T-Mart to 500 HR quest is over.

RF Karl Merrill: Random FA pickup who is average in the field and the bat and that is all we really need at the bottom of the lineup.

C Scott Stone: A guy Webby laughed at me for drafting but I like him. Just an average player but we have him above average defensively (although developing very slowly) and a .270 type hitter. When your lineup is this stacked that is all you need from a catcher.

Season Outlook

We are here to win it all. We are loaded with young talent and a nice mix of some veterans and in a great spot financially. Also have back to back #1 picks getting ready to come so you guys need to prepare for a long Richmond run and its going to be soooooo fuuuuuuuuunnnnn. This year we are taking back the AL West and I'd say about 108 wins. You never know what will happen in playoffs as I have a career full of losing to lesser teams in playoffs but the expectation is WS or bust for the foreseeable future.

Good luck to everyone and lets have a great 2064!!!!!!!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Richmond Greeks 2064 Season Preview

Post by Cnasty »

If this core doesnt net you 3-5 titles, you have failed.

Dont screw this up.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

3-5, I am just looking for 1 lol. I certainly think this is a multi title team in the next decade but I am also known for not winning these things so we shall see
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

rofl @ multiple titles.
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

wdoupis wrote:Oh man, this season is going to be fun. After a surprise playoff appearance last year that was a year ahead of schedule expectations are back to the old Greek days and that is winning it all. The young guys got a taste of the playoffs last year and even won a series and with a much improved pitching staff this team is as good as any on paper. Unfortunately that can be said about a lot of Greeks teams and we have 1 ring to show for it. Either way, it is fun to be in the conversation again. On to the team....

Rotation

1. Juan Lugo: Came in to the league and set the god damn thing on fire mid year last season. I can't see any way he matches 13-1 with a 1.81 era, 0.86 whip, and .6 HR/9. That last number is the reason he probably can't match it as he should be a little more HR prone but he is still a front line guy who will be a premier pitcher in the NDL for the next decade.

2. Roberto Rodriguez: Getting on a contender with a top notch defense should get R2 back to his 2061 days as the defense Boston gave him did not give him a shot to go next level. Hoping he can reach that potential and be a damn good #2.

3. Hisaki Kikuchi: After a couple of sub par years he got things back on track with Sheltown last year with an era in the low 3s. He has never quite lived up to what we thought he would be 10 seasons ago but with a weak crop of FA pitchers he is a damn good #3 and we like guys with control.

4. Gabe Murphy: Nothing special but a LH who keeps the ball on the ground. He pretty much produces the same mid 3 era each season and that is all we need from our #4 man.

5. Michael Martin: Hard throwing RH who also keeps the ball on the ground and is as good of a #5 as you can get. We expect another season with a mid 3 era with this defense and we should score plenty of runs to help him.

The Pen

CL Bob Long: One of the best closers in the game coming off a dominant second season. 36 saves, 2.12 era and a .88 whip. I'll take another one please

SU Eduardo Hernandez: My scout sees lights out stuff and so does my new one. He started off really shaky but then got it together to have a sold rookie season. We expect more this year. Not quite Bob Long numbers but I expect it to be close

The Lineup

RF Noberto Silva: Pete is finally right, he is now the best leadoff hitter in the game. He just needed to come to Richmond. Coming off his best season yet at .341/.438/.515 with 17 HRs and 7.2 war. In his prime and we expect a repeat.

CF Walt Johnson: The best defensive CF in the game who had damn good offensive season as well. Hitting .312 and on base .353 with the 16 HRs is more than I expected and a bunch of seasons like that will be just great.

3B Warner Woods: One of the best hitters in the NDL who took a big step in year 2 and we expect another level in year 3. .311/.378/.548 with 39 HRs. We think this year he can get to 40+ HRs.

1B Ignacio Ruiz: Ruiz has taken some ratings hits and is not very good at 1B but for now he is going to play 1B and only hit of RHP where he is still very good. Likely his final season in Richmond so we'd like to make it a special one.

2B Naohiro Nonaka: With all the young studs I have he may be my favorite one and its 95% his name. Just fun to say. He also has an awesome bat that should go to another level this season. 19 HRs last season in just 97 games. I am expecting a 40 HR campaign this season.

SS Gary Weber: Another elite young player who can hold his own in the field and swing the bat. Missed some time in his R season but still had a very good one. We think he is a .310 and 20-25 HR kinda fella.

DH David Bernard: A very good professional hitter who is built as a .320 hitting 15 HR guy and this year he finally gets the full time role he deserves now that my T-Mart to 500 HR quest is over.

RF Karl Merrill: Random FA pickup who is average in the field and the bat and that is all we really need at the bottom of the lineup.

C Scott Stone: A guy Webby laughed at me for drafting but I like him. Just an average player but we have him above average defensively (although developing very slowly) and a .270 type hitter. When your lineup is this stacked that is all you need from a catcher.

Season Outlook

We are here to win it all. We are loaded with young talent and a nice mix of some veterans and in a great spot financially. Also have back to back #1 picks getting ready to come so you guys need to prepare for a long Richmond run and its going to be soooooo fuuuuuuuuunnnnn. This year we are taking back the AL West and I'd say about 108 wins. You never know what will happen in playoffs as I have a career full of losing to lesser teams in playoffs but the expectation is WS or bust for the foreseeable future.

Good luck to everyone and lets have a great 2064!!!!!!!
Montreal would have been so good.

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”