2064 Season Thread... A Green and Two Yellows

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: TheGobOne, Cnasty, Ry, nick

wdoupis
Reactions:

2064 Season Thread... A Green and Two Yellows

Post by wdoupis »

Welcome to the 2064 season. I want to say one last time congrats to our defending champ Seattle in capturing his first NDL title. I expect many trades to come to start chasing his 2nd. Also, congrats to Riccio and the NE Spitters on a great run going thru an extremely tough road to get to the World Series and putting up a great fight. Now, on to the 2064.

A reminder, we changed to 2017 CBA this offseason so you should no longer lose first round picks for signing comp guys. I am not a real baseball wiz nor do I fully understand how this game will handle it but we will learn together. I know that you no longer lose a first rounder for signing comp eligible guys

Other than that nothing new to report here. I am still talking with developers about the scouting thing and they actually asked me for additional info during the playoffs last night that I will get them today.

Good luck to everyone and lets have a great 2064!!!!!!

New CBA rules:

Clubs signing a Free Agent subject to compensation will no longer forfeit a first round selection, but will be subject to the following:

* A non-market disqualified Revenue Sharing Payee Club shall forfeit its third highest remaining selection in the next Rule 4 Draft.
* A Luxury Tax offender shall forfeit its second-highest and fifth-highest remaining selections in the next Rule 4 Draft and shall have its International Signing Bonus Pool (described below) reduced by $1,000,000 in the next full Signing Period.
* All other Clubs shall forfeit their second-highest remaining selection in the next Rule 4 Draft and shall have their International Signing Bonus Pool reduced by $500,000 in the next full Signing Bonus Period.
* All forfeited International Signing Bonus Pool monies will be distributed equally among all other Clubs. Competitive Balance Selections will be exempt from forfeiture.

A Former Club of a Free Agent subject to draft pick compensation will receive the following:

* A non-market disqualified Revenue Sharing Payee Club shall receive a selection immediately following the first round of the draft if the player signs a contract with a total guarantee of $50 million or more.
* Clubs that break the Luxury Tax threshold shall receive a draft selection immediately following the fourth round of the next Rule 4 Draft.
* All other former clubs shall receive a selection immediately following the Competitive Balance Round B of the next Rule 4 Draft (which follows the second round).
wdoupis
Reactions:

Re: 2064 Season Thread... A Green and Two Yellows

Post by wdoupis »

That was an emotional checking of the mailbox for me.

Ignacio Ruiz opts in- Did not want him to
Noda opts in- Well duh
Noda retires..... WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO
My scout I've had for over a decade I think then retired

Oh well, Noda makes up for it all
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Notable decisions:

Richard Todd opts in... did not see that coming
Ignacio Ruiz opts in.... did not expect that either
John Davis opts out
Jorge Meija and Wu-Tang Murphy retire
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Billy is a machine!!!!!!!!!
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Shout out to Riccio who probably didn't expect a WS appearance after losing out on the division. 30M in playoff revenue not a bad consolation price for coming up a game or two short
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i really liked my team quite a bit all year. i thought i had as good of a shot as any of the other AL teams. definitely figured my odds were lower after missing the bye tho but i knew the pitching injuries i had and the Cactus Ramirez injury early and Kel Sampson injury late kind of prevented us from putting our best team on the field, we were mostly healthy (a few pitchers on DL) going into the playoffs.

my first few series my team was just lights out, we really played better than even the results showed. we left an absurd amount of guys on base in a couple of the series.

in the world series we just shat ourselves. had opportunities multiple times with 3,4,5 of my order up and guys in scoring position and just never even sniffed an RBI from those guys. my hitting beyond laid an egg for me, much of that credit goes to Seattle's pitching i'm sure but it was a bit disheartening to not ever get a heater going in the series.

overall, a fun season... much needed playoff revenue as we tossed money around this year like the US Gov't. part of me feels like this was probably my best shot with this crew with the AL getting even stronger over the next few years but i've got almost all these dudes locked up for a few more years so if we can stay healthy hopefully we get back to playoffs where anything can happen
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

wdoupis wrote:

A reminder, we changed to 2017 CBA this offseason so you should no longer lose first round picks for signing comp guys. I am not a real baseball wiz nor do I fully understand how this game will handle it but we will learn together. I know that you no longer lose a first rounder for signing comp eligible guys
This is confusing:
If your team signs a qualified free agent, it still has to surrender a draft pick. However, that's no longer its top unprotected pick by default. Instead, here's what your team will give up:

• If your team exceeded the luxury tax last season, it will forfeit its second- and fifth-highest picks and will have its international bonus money pool reduced by $1 million; an additional qualified free agent will cost the team its third- and sixth-highest picks. In other words: All first-round picks are now protected, and the highest pick a team can lose is from the compensatory sandwich round immediately following the first round.

• If your team received revenue sharing last year, it will forfeit its third-highest pick. An additional player will cost the team its fourth-highest pick.

So that's what a team gives up to sign a qualified free agent. But what does the team losing the player gain in exchange?

If your team received revenue sharing last year and the departing player signed a contract worth more than $50 million guaranteed, the former team will receive a compensatory draft pick from the sandwich round between Rounds 1 and 2. If the player signs a deal for less than $50 million, however, that pick will come after Competitive Balance Round B, which comes after Round 2.

But there's more! If the former team was over the luxury tax last year, then it will receive a compensatory draft pick after the fourth round. If the team was neither a luxury tax payee nor a revenue sharing recipient, then it will receive a pick after Competitive Balance Round B.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Yeah, I didn’t really get it but from what I gather you lose a pick but not your first
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Cnasty wrote:Billy is a machine!!!!!!!!!
Incredible really!
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

wdoupis wrote:Notable decisions:

Richard Todd opts in... did not see that coming
Ignacio Ruiz opts in.... did not expect that either
John Davis opts out
Jorge Meija and Wu-Tang Murphy retire
Was not planning on Todd but lets see if the ageless one has one more year.
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

My scout signed a five year deal and stayed for two years then retires. Hope that digital dude has a shitty retirement.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

My doctor retired. He was obviously retired on the job the last few years since he was rated legendary in both arm prevention and arm recovery...
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

Buy the way winning last night not the best part. Nick fires his manager in game 6 has to the best. “ nick” I need to make a change Billy Fire my Manager” “ Billy” what? You sure? Yes fire that Dick” Then Vice go’s hitless to the 9th lol.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

:lol:

Nick gonna nick!!
Hammerin' Hank
Reactions:

Post by Hammerin' Hank »

Congrats to the Storm!

Just kidding! You and your WNBA team name got lucky this time. Can't wait to take the Division, NL and NDL titles from you next season!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Hammerin' Hank wrote: You and your WNBA team name got lucky this time.

Love the wolf but this is accurate. One of the worst names/logos in the league.

Need a remodel after the ring and not the ones Niddler is making as those are just as ghastly as the current set. ;)
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Cnasty wrote:

Need a remodel after the ring and not the ones Niddler is making as those are just as ghastly as the current set. ;)

He told me he liked the Red and Gray one.
Come up with something better than.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

Cnasty wrote:

The bad history of the windstorm I should change it but it’s history.
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

Hammerin' Hank wrote:Congrats to the Storm!

Just kidding! You and your WNBA team name got lucky this time. Can't wait to take the Division, NL and NDL titles from you next season!

It’s a new time. Your run is over. Great season tho buddy with that High School team. How’s it feel to be the 4th maybe 5th best team in the division? Bama better then you next year and so is Cincinnati. You hold on to your old players to long and there will be no easy year for you from here on out. For now I will no longer need to trouble my self with you. You always ask me who I am? I am the champ you are a one and done. On my watch you will never win again.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

damnnnnnn im feeling this new shit talker

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”