Richmond Greeks 2062 Season Preview

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: TheGobOne, Cnasty, Ry, nick

wdoupis
Reactions:

Richmond Greeks 2062 Season Preview

Post by wdoupis »

Well, this one is going to be depressing but if you do them when you are good you should do them when you suck and folks, we are going to suck. We sold off early in to last season and compiled the best farm in the league and I can't wait to type season previews with those guys in a few seasons.

The Staff

I am going to make this easy and type one description for all 5 guys

Alfredo Torres
Jeff Howard
Yakamochi Kawaguchi
John Perez
Kirk Harris

Every one of these guys are solid #3 guys..... On a AA team. They are going to be atrocious and none of them are part of the future

The Pen

CL Bob Long: Now this guy we think is a total and absolute stud. We can see him closing out big games for the Greeks down the road but for now he will close the few chances he gets and get accustomed to major league hitting.

The Lineup

RF Noberto Silva: A big offseason acquisition for the Greeks and a guy we have coveted for a long time. Due to him being just 26 it made sense to give up the prospects to get him as he can fit in with our core. One of the premier lead off hitters in the game and now that he can get away from that depressing Cookeville organization he can take things to another level.

3B Warner Woods: This is a rookie who we (and everyone else) absolutely loves. This guy can win an MVP or two in his career if he can stay healthy and avoid the random ratings crash. He has big time power and not really any weaknesses and is the gem of our organization right now. Excited to see what he can do in his rookie season even while playing for an awful team.

DH Terry Martinez: He needs 25 HR to get to 500, come do it in the city you became a star. Besides Woods this chase for 500 is the highlight of my season.

CF Karl Merrill: He can not play CF worth a damn but its all we have. He has never lived up to it but his ratings look strong as a hitter. We are just waiting for him to pass the baton to Walt Johnson next season

1B Brady Hamilton: Big time power bat in his final year. Not really a part of the Greeks future but he is here to launch HRs for another season until others are ready

LF Don Lorenzo: We just hope he can improve on the -1.3 war of last year

C Mike Weaver: More like Mike Whatever

2B Dave Stewart: Lol

SS Jorge Romero: Double lol

The Future

The future looks very bright in Richmond but there are still a few rough years to get thru first. We have a stacked farm with high end talent.

3B Warner Woods- ML

CF Walt Johnson- (AAA) He has crazy skills as a CFer and should be a great top of the order bat as well. One of my favorite draft picks and a guy that has been asked about a ton and I am thrilled I never moved him.

SS Gary Weber- (AAA) Another great prospect who should give us very good D at SS and provide an above average bat. A future all-star I'd guess.

OF Naohiro Nonaka- (AA) A big time prospect who I worked hard to get from Ted. We absolutely love his bat and his future is likely at 2B but we have him in the OF for now.

SP Juan Lugo- (A) The best SP prospect we have and 16th on the top 100. We love his make up and hope that he can be that front line guy for us

Season Outlook

We are going to suck, there is no doubt about it. We are excited to see how Woods and Long develop. Walt Johnson and Gary Weber really are ready for the show but we will try to hold them down and let them at least get half a season in AAA as there is no rush. We have some finances to clean up and in a year or 2 this Greeks team will be back to where we are accustomed and competing for titles. That being said the team is improved from last year as it would have been hard not to be. I will predict an improvement of 18 wins to put as at 63-99

Good luck to everyone and have a great 2062 season!!!!!!!!!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Richmond Greeks 2062 Season Preview

Post by Cnasty »

wdoupis wrote: if you do them when you are good you should do them when you suck and folks
Bravo sir.

That Richmond LU is going to be siiiiiiiick in a couple years.

Add some arms here and there and a dominant postseason streak with minimal titles will be back in no time! :)
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Cnasty wrote:and a dominant postseason streak with minimal titles will be back in no time! :)
:( :(

Sad thing is I already know this is true
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

68 wins would be impressive
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

60-102, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind another top 3 pick if things went worse :)
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

DRWebs wrote:60-102, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind another top 3 pick if things went worse :)
I would love to be wrong. I’d like to see some improvement next season but 2064 is when I really have circled to make a move
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

looking at your prospect pool cause your majors is a disaster, reminded me of our draft convo while picks were being made.

I wish i had 3 comp picks again this yr :(
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I wish I did too. Love where the farms at as far as bats who can also field their positions. Arms we need some more of. I love Lugo and OSA likes Eric Long. I am hoping with #1 pick I can find a stud SP who I feel good about
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

make sure you draft someone 1st overall that you keep for more than a year.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote:make sure you draft someone 1st overall that you keep for more than a year.
Fat chance that happens
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
nick wrote:make sure you draft someone 1st overall that you keep for more than a year.
Fat chance that happens
You guys are probably right. By the time this dude is ready I’ll have a nasty lineup and be back to my old ways
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

i was making fun of Lincoln for dealing his 1st overall pick a yr later but hey, whatever works.

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”