Seattle Windstorm 2060 season Preview

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: TheGobOne, Cnasty, Ry, nick

Graywolf357
Reactions:

Seattle Windstorm 2060 season Preview

Post by Graywolf357 »

New town,new roster mostly,new coach. This will be my 4th season in the NDL( I got it right this time) after taking over a bad Chicago team we made the playoffs in year 3 and knocked out early by the Seals. 2059 team did the same as the 2058 chocked late in the season. After looking around the league and seeing teams like Washington,Orange County,Greeks,Miami,Steel City to name a few Seattle's roster was not going to be on that level and money was going to be out of hand changes were needed and Payroll needed cut. Here is the Roster over look.

Starters

SP 1 Dan Young-- Not a true Ace but the Ace here he pitched very well last year 3.53 Era finished 15-8 as the number 2.

SP 2 Roman Alomar-- Picked up in a trade that sent last years work horse 39 million dollar man Domingo Enriquez to New York. Alomar had a very so so season with New York 4.62 12-12 after a few very good years with the ducks. We are Hopefully for a Bounce back year.

SP 3 Ed White-- White had a up and down year at times he look like a ace and at times he look like he needed to go back to the Bullpen 4.43 ERA 14-13. Hopefully improve 2nd year starting.

4th/5th Jaime Herrera is going to take a shot a closing in the spring if you cant handed it he will be again are number 4. Last season Herrera pitch well till about august and just fell apart finishing the year 5.03 ERA 10-11. Others for the 4/5 spot will be a spring battle. Max leitch just traded for in the Cookeville trade 4.65 ERA 7-9.Thomas Stone is been a middle RP for the most part of his time with the team and has pitched well and gets a shot. Outsiders Albert Diaz and Old friend Yakamochi Kawaguchi in the mix as well.

Bullpen

After the Trade Peter Randolph( set as a stopper last year and pitch 111 IP would come in the 7th and just lock down teams is gone now and will be hard to replace.

CL Jaime Herrera(see Above) will take a shot at closing i feel will be a better move for him.
Set up Clarence Langley ERA 4.31 oh MR Langley 2 years ago he had 17 SV and 10 BS blew are playoff run that year . He has great stuff. Maybe its 2057 all over again?

Rest of the bullpen is a mix up. This will be a weak point for sure and will have to be improved sometime this season.

C- Glenn King/Albert Gonzales will share duty's. King has a lot of pop .257 avg but hit 32 HR last year he will play vs Right hand pitchers. Albert Gonzales .246 avg 1 Hr came from backing up with the Greeks and will be asked to do more here and play vs left hand pitchers.

1B Thomas Campbell .246 avg 34 Hr 95 RBI came from the Greeks in the Morgan Evans Deal.Hope for a return on MVP like numbers from 2058 .299 54 HR 135 RBI 5.4 war. Hoping Campbell will stay in the lineup more and not be banged up like Hamilton.

2B Steve Moore .318 avg 6 HR 89 SB 120 R my Favorite player. One of the first players i Signed. He fits the new mode of this team we are going to run. last 3 years SB 89,104,108. Father time will get him soon but not yet.

3B Lyle Murdoch .273 Avg 24 HR 92 RBI. Murdoch plays solid D as well.

SS Soh Yamamoto .277 Avg 15 HR. Yamamoto like Murdoch plays solid D.

LF Xavier Whittier .316 Avg 36 HR 128 RBI 5.3 war and throw in 35 SB. Whittier is are best player right now. You know what you will get from him day in and day out. Trade rumor's around him and some deals were close but he is still here.

CF Vicente Montes .294 Avg 9 HR 30 SB in only 92 games was injured last year for a good part of the season. I have a feeling a boom year for his contact year.

RF/DH Lee Robinson .289 Avg 25 HR 96 RBI 120 R 59 SB> Hello Mr Robinson the main guy coming back in the Morgan Evans Deal. Coming off a big 24 yo Rookie season. Still think his D should be better lol 90 some speed should have good range.

The others to Watch.

OF Steve Williams I was happy with his rookie season 92 G .273 AVG 16 HR 11 SB will get a shot at some point crushed lefty's last year.

1B Kaja Belohlawek. I am guessing Kaja was a superstar in the Czech Republic but his first year in the league he did not go very well he was a salary dump so i could get rid of Domingo's big contact. .212 23 HR last year in 160 G just not good. Maybe a turn around at age 35 hmmmmm i am guessing no. he will bat vs Left handed pitching only.

All over Roberto Rodriguez. Leader and that's how he earns his money.

New town,New roster,New coach= REC 80-82. but payroll will be back in order and the farm is getting better. Good Luck ALL
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Seattle Windstorm 2060 season Preview

Post by Cnasty »

Nice job getting this team to the postseason already as a new owner and being active.

Great addition to the league.
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

Cnasty wrote:Nice job getting this team to the postseason already as a new owner and being active.

Thanks my trade partner. One day we will make deals again lol
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Nice write up and man I think Lee Robinson is just going to get better and better. Robinson and Moore will be a handful at the top of the lineup. You win the offseason no matter what just by dumping that Domingo contract.
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

wdoupis wrote:Nice write up and man I think Lee Robinson is just going to get better and better. Robinson and Moore will be a handful at the top of the lineup. You win the offseason no matter what just by dumping that Domingo contract.
Thanks buddy good luck this year. Thanks for all you do.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Cnasty wrote:Nice job getting this team to the postseason already as a new owner and being active.

I second this. It is nice seeing the old Chicago team active.
Good luck with everything.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

the league is so much better because of a few of the recent additions. we have always had a great core but when we get the outer pieces locked up with new/talented gm's it makes the entire league so much better and enjoyable.
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

DRiccio21 wrote:the league is so much better because of a few of the recent additions. we have always had a great core but when we get the outer pieces locked up with new/talented gm's it makes the entire league so much better and enjoyable.
League has been a blast. Also i like how tough it is. For my first online league it has been great.

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”