2060 Season Thread.... We Got Crabs Y'all

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: TheGobOne, Cnasty, Ry, nick

dakshdar
Reactions:

Re: 2060 Season Thread.... We Got Crabs Y'all

Post by dakshdar »

During the year you get 24 hours to run your team each day.

You would then punish teams that have conflicts with the one night playoffs after they've run their team for a full season?

It's called courtesy.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

So make it. Your life isn't more important than mine or anyone else in the league.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Also courtesy? U had two fucking days to set your lineup and pitching and set it to "let ai run the lineup pitching staff".
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

I hate live sim and am pro doing two three games at a time so we can make adjustments, but I still show up to the life playoff Sim cause its courtesy to our Commish who gets up 3am his time to run it. But you don't think of him
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

That's pretty ridiculous.

The commish is not tweaking people's line-ups and pitching staff unless someone gets hurt.

Plus:

Everyone shows up, the commish has to ask every manager after every game for changes and you will get the random manager that wants to re-order his entire line-up based on wOBA because his team is getting crushed in that round. People are way more likely to skip a starter, make a sub, etc - the commish is not even remotely considering that.

Some managers don't show up, the commish only has to swap out injured players if/when that happens.

So, which one takes less time overall? You should be rooting for no-shows.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Lol what. When the Commish decides to start a SP over another based in rest, he's making a decision for that team.

Also you're aware that my suggestion with AI is the same thing as the Commish doing it? Literally the same...
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Assuming people set their roster to 25, what is there for the commish to do unless someone gets hurt?
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

It's the same as when you set your team to AI. So I don't understand why u can't.

Also set your ai to promote of injuries so your own team decides in that moment. No one can make waiver claims during playoffs anyways
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Ps sorry for my horrid spelling. Typing on phone is a bitch
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

nick wrote:Lol what. When the Commish decides to start a SP over another based in rest, he's making a decision for that team.

Also you're aware that my suggestion with AI is the same thing as the Commish doing it? Literally the same...
I'll come halfway to your side on this then - if the commish is doing more than swapping out injured players I agree he should not. You don't need the AI to do anything either, you set a 4 man rotation that won't have rest issues (everyone can do this) and you're set unless an injury.

I don't honestly recall him spending time checking teams that didn't have a manager present to change the order of the pre-set rotation.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

yeah I don't show (I work super early and can't stay up that late). I don't come to billy with instructions anymore either... once in the last 10 seasons? and it was a don't start X in game 7 request.

I prefer the non-live sim but we voted it a while back and it failed. We could bring it up again if we wanted.
Hammerin' Hank
Reactions:

Post by Hammerin' Hank »

Uuaww wrote:yeah I don't show (I work super early and can't stay up that late). I don't come to billy with instructions anymore either... once in the last 10 seasons? and it was a don't start X in game 7 request.

I prefer the non-live sim but we voted it a while back and it failed. We could bring it up again if we wanted.
Love the live sims. I joined another league that does not do live playoffs, not nearly as fun.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Richmond-OCD final

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”